This must-have resource contains coverage of:
- Mainstream topics such as civil commitment, termination of parental rights, and federal sentencing evaluations
- Psycho-legal topics such as clergy and teacher sexual abuse, elder abuse, and end of life issues
- The appropriate application of instruments frequently used in clinical psychology to address psycho-legal issues
Ideal for forensic mental health professionals, civil and criminal attorneys, and advanced students, Forensic Psychology: Emerging Topics and Expanding Roles is the definitive comprehensive reference in the field.
"Alan Goldstein has his finger on the pulse of forensic psychology. He and his A-list contributors showcase a striking array of classic conundrums and budding courtroom controversies. Remarkably, their analysis is as deep as their coverage is broad. There are two or three works that simply have to be on the shelf of every forensic psychologist. This book is one of them."
PART ONE: EXPANDING ROLES AND EMERGING AREAS OF PRACTICE.
1. Forensic Psychology: Toward a Standard of Care (Alan M. Goldstein, Ph.D., ABPP).
PART TWO: FORENSIC ASSESSMENT METHODOLOGY.
2. A Principles-Based Approach to Forensic Mental Health Assessment: Utility and Update (Kirk Heilbrun, Ph.D., ABPP, Geoffrey Marczyk, J. D., Ph.D., David DeMatteo, J. D., Ph.D., and Jenette Mack-Allen, Psy.D.).
3. Forensic Applications of the MMPI-2 (Roger L. Greene, Ph.D.).
4. The Personality Assessment Inventory: Issues in Legal and Forensic Settings (Leslie C. Morey, Ph.D., Megan B. Warner, Ph.D., and Christopher J. Hopwood, M.S.).
5. Rorschach Assessment in Forensic Cases (Irving B. Weiner, Ph.D., ABPP).
6. Neuropsychology for the Forensic Psychologist (Wilfred G. van Gorp, Ph.D., ABPP).
PART THREE: ETHICAL ISSUES IN FORENSIC PRACTICES.
7. Ethics and Forensic Psychological Practice (Paul D. Lipsitt, LL.B., Ph.D., ABPP).
8. Legal and Ethical Issues in Accessing and Utilizing Third Party Information (Randy K. Otto, Ph.D., ABPP, Christopher Slobogin, J.D., LL.M., and Stuart A. Greenberg, Ph.D., ABPP).
PART FOUR: CIVIL FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY.
9. Recent Civil Decisions: Implications for Forensic Mental Health Experts (John Petrila, J.D., LL.M.).
10. The Role of the Psychologist in Civil Commitment (David F. Mrad, Ph.D., ABPP, Erik Nabors, J.D., Ph.D.).
11. Evaluating Capacity to Consent to Treatment (Jennifer Moye, Ph.D., Michele J. Karel, Ph.D., and Jorge C. Amesto, Ph.D.).
12. Termination of Parental Rights (Lois Oberlander Condie, Ph.D., ABPP, and Don Condie, M.D.).
PART FIVE: CRIMINAL FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY.
13. Recent Criminal Legal Decisions: Implications for Forensic Mental Experts (Michael L. Perlin, J.D.).
14. The Role of Forensic Mental Health Experts in Federal Sentencing Proceedings (Daniel A. Krauss, J.D., Ph.D., and Alan M. Goldstein, Ph.D., ABPP).
15. Postconviction Assessment (Eric Y. Drogin, J.D., Ph.D., ABPP).
PART SIX: FORENSIC MENTAL HEALTH EXPERTS IN THE COURTROOM.
16. Expert Witness Testimony: Law, Ethics and Practice (Steven C. Bank, Ph.D., ABPP, and Ira K. Packer, Ph.D., ABPP).
17. Lessons for Forensic Practice Drawn from the Law of Malpractice (Stuart A. Greenberg, Ph.D., ABPP, Daniel W. Shuman).
18. Off the Witness Stand: The Forensic Psychologist as Consultant (Eric Y. Drogin and Curtis L. Barrett).
19. The Disability Psychological Independent Medical Evauation: Case Law, Ethical Issues, and Procedures (Diavid A. Vore).
20. Workplace Violence: Advances in Consultation and Assessment (Harley V. Stock, Ph.D., ABPP).
PART EIGHT: SPECIAL POPULATIONS.
21. Forensic Assessment from a Developmental Perspective (Randy Borum, Psy.D, ABPP, and Thomas Grisso, Ph.D., ABPP).
22. Psychological Evaluation and Testimony in Cases of Clergy and Teacher Sex Abuse(William E. Foote, Ph.D., ABPP).
23. Correctional Psychology: Law, Ethics and Practice (Joel A. Dvoskin, Ph.D., ABPP, Erin M. Spiers, Psy.D., and Stanley L. Brodsky, Ph.D.).
24. Evaluating the Psychological Sequelae of Elder Abuse.
25. Forensic Issues at the End of Life (Barry Rosenfeld, Ph.D., ABPP, and Colleen McClain Jacobson, Ph.D.).
PART NINE: SPECIAL TOPICS IN FORENSIC PRACTICE.
26. Judicial Decision Making About Forensic Mental Health Evidence (Richard E. Redding, J.D., Ph.D., and Daniel C. Murrie, Ph.D.).
27. Psychopathology of Homicide (Louis B. Schlesinger, Ph.D., ABPP).
28. Forensic Hypnosis (Susan C. Knight, Ph.D., and Robert G. Meyer, Ph.D., ABPP).