Written especially for first–timers, this eye–opening guide turns you into an educated consumer, ensuring that the home or condo you buy is both a comfortable place to live and a great investment for the future. Compiled from the experience of hundreds of homebuyers, real estate agents, home builders, and mortgage lenders, it shows you the most common mistakes buyers make and illustrates them in practice so you don′t fall into the same traps.
Now revised and updated for today′s hot real estate market, this invaluable resource covers everything from negotiating with sellers and making the down payment to shopping for the best mortgage and handling the closing. The new Fourth Edition also includes totally up–to–date guidance on using the Internet to find properties, secure financing, and collect important data. If you′re thinking about buying a home in this overheated market, don′t make these mistakes:
- Researching selling prices and still overpaying
- Believing everything your agent tells you
- Buying into an upscale neighborhood that′s moving downscale
- Underestimating utilities and other costs
- Allowing your agent to negotiate for you
- Letting fear get the better of you and not buying at all
Written by one of the nation′s leading real estate experts and packed with hundreds of valuable tips and suggestions, The 106 Common Mistakes Homebuyers Make, Fourth Edition will give you the confidence—and the wisdom—to buy the right home at the right price.
1. Profit from the Mistakes of Others.
2. Explore Possibilities, Set Priorities.
3. Home Ownership: How to Make It Your Best Investment.
4. How to Find a Good Buy.
5. Locate a Great Neighborhood.
6. Is This Home for You?
7. Negotiate Win–Win.
8. The Best Loan at the Lowest Cost.
9. Become a Satisfied Homeowner.
10. The Biggest Mistakes of All.
11. How to Afford the Home You Want.
12. Writing Your Offer.