The key features include:
- Up to date references and recognised international guidelines.
- Risk stratification from an exercise prescription and class design rather than only from a medical approach.
- Applied exercise physiology and monitoring of cardiac rehabilitation exercise.
- Explores the skills of teaching group exercise.
- Practical advice and guidelines on exercise delivery in different environments.
- Leadership and organisational skills.
Exercise leadership in Cardiac Rehabilitation – An evidence–based approach provides the reader with exercise prescription delivery and teaching of varied Cardiac exercise groups. In addition the organisation management and personal skills and qualities of the exercise leader are explored and discussed.
Exercise Leadership in Cardiac Rehabilitation – An evidence–based approach will be of great value to any department using exercise as a key component of cardiac rehabilitation.
1 Cardiac Rehabilitation Overview (Christine Proudfoot).
2 Risk Stratification and Health Screening for Exercise in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Ann Ross and Mhairi Campbell).
3 Exercise Physiology and Monitoring of Exercise in Cardiac Rehabilitation (John Buckley).
4 Exercise Prescription in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Hilary Dingwall, Kim Ferrier and Joanne Semple).
5 Class Design and Use of Music in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Linda Harley and Gillian Armstrong).
6 Leadership, Exercise Class Management and Safety in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Fiona Lough).
7 Teaching Skills for Cardiac Rehabilitation Exercise Classes (Morag K. Thow).
8 Maintaining Physical Activity in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Adrienne Hughes and Nanette Mutrie).
Appendix A Glossary.