The second edition retains many of the ideas and practices developed in the first edition, but has been updated throughout to include the latest literature, and includes a new introductory chapter. A range of different views on intercultural therapy are given by a group of specialists who have pioneered this developing area.
Preface to First Edition.
Preface to Second Edition.
Part I: Themes.
1. Towards an Intercultural therapy.
2. The Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre: Ideas and Experience in Intercultural Therapy.
3. How universal Is Something We Can Call "Therapy".
Part II: Interpretations.
4. Interprofessional Consultation: Consultative Approaches in Therapeutic Work Across Cultures.
5. The Doctors Dilemma: The Practice of Cultural Psychiatry in Multicultural Britain.
6. Quantitative Research in Intercultural Therapy: Some Methodological Considerations.
Part III: Practice.
7. The Bradford Experience.
8. Familiar and Unfamiliar Types of Family Structure: Towards a Conceptual Framework.
9. Racism and Psychotherapy; Working with Racism in the Consulting Room; an Analytical View.
10. Inner and Outer Reality in Children and Adolescents.
11. Intercultural Social Work.
12. Therapeutic Approaches with Survivors of Torture.
References and Further Reading.