Written by experts in the field, Veterinary Laser Surgery: A Practical Guide strives to help general and specialty veterinary practitioners understand, implement and expand the use of laser energy in safe and rational ways for both surgical and therapeutic procedures to further improvement the veterinarians ability to enhance the patient’s quality of life.
- PRACTICAL PICTORIAL GUIDE / ATLAS feature that includes 31 case studies of the most common laser surgery procedures. Broad spectrum of specific laser information, including chapters covering basic laser physics through specific laser surgery techniques and pain management.
- Special sections on CO2 and Diode laser wavelengths.
- Provides veterinarians with skills and techniques to improve the comfort and quality of patients’ lives through appropriate laser use.
- User–friendly format makes referencing easy.
- A practical reference for specialty and general veterinarians.
Part I Theory of Laser Surgery 1
1 General Principles of Laser Energy and Biophysics 3
2 Power Density and the Basic Effects of Radiant Energy on Tissue 19
3 Fundamentals of Laser–Tissue Interactions 29
4 Types of Laser–Tissue Interaction Related to the Rate of Heat Transfer Through Soft Tissue 43
5 Laser Systems, Wavelengths, and Technology Selection 63
Part II Practical Laser Surgery 77
6 Safety Considerations 79
7 Economic Considerations for Use of Laser Energy in Veterinary Medical Practice 91
8 Pain Management Considerations for Laser Surgery Procedures 101
Part III Clinical Laser Technique and Procedures 109
9 Diode Lasers in Small Animal Veterinary Medicine 111
10 Introduction to Clinical Applications of CO2Laser 139
Energy in Veterinary Medical and Surgical Services Case Studies 183
Suggested Reading 225