The second edition updates important landmarks, components, characteristics, and trends of the U.S. system for developing and applying science to increase the productivity and advancements of agriculture.
Science for Agriculture, 2e, is essential reading for agriculture educators and researchers, Land Grant administrators, food and agri–industry R&D and all others who need to understand the factors that will influence future public agricultural research policy.
1) The Evolution of the U.S. System.
2) The Development of a System of Agricultural Sciences.
3) The Agricultural Scientist.
4) Resources and Their Allocation.
5) The Private Sector, Biotechnology and R&D for Agriculture.
6) International Dimensions of U.S. Agricultural Research.
7) Economics of the Provision of Public Agricultural Research.
8) Research Contributions to Agricultural Productivity.
9) The SAES–USDA System: Challenges for the 21st Century.