By emphasizing a clinical perspective on fish medicine, the book is an essential tool for providing fish and invertebrate medical care and advice. With chapters written by the leading experts in fish medicine, Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health is a must–have reference for any aquatic animal health professional, as well as for veterinarians treating fish patients, veterinary technicians, veterinary and veterinary technician students, and aquarium science students.
- Complete guide to managing the health and well–being of ornamental aquatic animals including discussion on disease prevention through effective biosecurity practices
- Summarizes the knowledge base of nonlethal aquatic diagnostics , medicine, and surgery
- Emphasizes a clinical perspective on fish medicine
- Equips animal health professionals to competently and effectively treat fish patients
- Provides a tool for providing ornamental fish and invertebrate medical care and advice
- Written by the leading experts in fish medicine
BASICS OF FISH KEEPING.
1. Anatomy and physiology (Richard J. Strange).
2. A brief overview of the ornamental fish industry and hobby (Timothy Miller–Morgan).
3. Stress in fish (David J. Pasnik, Joyce J. Evans, and Phillip H. Klesius).
4. Water quality (James L. Shelton).
5. Environment and husbandry: Ponds and aquaria (Scott Weber III, Helen E. Roberts, and James L. Shelton).
6. Biosecurity and ornamental fish (Timothy J. Miller–Morgan and Jerry R. Heidel).
7. Nutrition (Richard Strange).
8. Parasites of fish (Stephen A. Smith and Helen E. Roberts).
9. Viral pathogens of fish (Brian Palmeiro and E. Scott Weber III).
10. Bacterial diseases of fish (Brian Palmeiro).
11. Fungal diseases in fish (Helen E. Roberts).
12. Zoonotic diseases of fish (Stephen A. Smith).
13. Transport and hospitalization of the fish patient (Helen E. Roberts).
14. History (Helen E. Roberts).
15. Physical examination of fish (Helen E. Roberts).
16. Anesthesia, analgesia, and euthanasia (Helen E. Roberts).
17. Nonlethal diagnostic techniques (Helen E. Roberts, E. Scott Weber III, and Stephen A. Smith).
18. Surgery and wound management in fish (Helen E. Roberts).
19. Necropsy of fish (Drury Reavill).
20. Neoplasia in fish (Drury Reavill).
21. Specific syndromes and diseases (William H. Wildgoose and Brian Palmeiro).