Divided into sections on health maintenance, viral diseases, and bacterial diseases, Health Maintenance and Principal Microbial Diseases of Cultured Fishes, Third Edition, covers a wide variety of species, including catfish, salmon, trout, sturgeon, and tilapia. The book is a valuable resource for professionals and students in the areas of aquaculture, aquatic health maintenance, pathobiology, and aquatic farm management.
- Major revision of the valuable fish health maintenance section
- Presents new pathogens and advances in the field
- Illustrates methods for maintaining fish health in culture systems through management of disease
- Offers sections on health maintenenance, viral diseases, and bacterial diseases
- Covers a wide variety of fish species
Part I: Health Maintenance.
1 Principles of Health Maintenance.
2 Epizootiology of Fish Diseases.
3 Pathology and Disease Diagnosis.
4 Disease Management.
Part II: Viral Diseases.
5 Catfish Viruses.
6 Carp and Minnow Viruses.
7 Eel Viruses.
8 Trout and Salmon Viruses.
9 Sturgeon Viruses.
10 Other Viral Diseases of Fish.
Part III: Bacterial Diseases.
11 Catfish Bacterial Diseases.
12 Carp and Minnow Bacterial Diseases.
13 Eel Bacterial Diseases.
14 Salmonid Bacterial Diseases.
15 Striped Bass/Hybrid Bacterial Diseases.
16 Tilapia Bacterial Diseases.
17 Other Bacterial Diseases.
Part IV: Appendices.
Appendix I. List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes.
Appendix II. Table of Conversion Factors.
Appendix III. List of Cell Lines Commonly Used for Diagnostics.