Divided into sections on health maintenance, viral diseases, and bacterial diseases, Health Maintenance and Principal Microbial Diseases of Cultured Fishes, Third Edition, covers a wide variety of species, including catfish, salmon, trout, sturgeon, and tilapia. The book is a valuable resource for professionals and students in the areas of aquaculture, aquatic health maintenance, pathobiology, and aquatic farm management.
- Major revision of the valuable fish health maintenance section
- Presents new pathogens and advances in the field
- Illustrates methods for maintaining fish health in culture systems through management of disease
- Offers sections on health maintenenance, viral diseases, and bacterial diseases
- Covers a wide variety of fish species
Part I: Health Maintenance.
1 Principles of Health Maintenance.
2 Epizootiology of Fish Diseases.
3 Pathology and Disease Diagnosis.
4 Disease Management.
Part II: Viral Diseases.
5 Catfish Viruses.
6 Carp and Minnow Viruses.
7 Eel Viruses.
8 Trout and Salmon Viruses.
9 Sturgeon Viruses.
10 Other Viral Diseases of Fish.
Part III: Bacterial Diseases.
11 Catfish Bacterial Diseases.
12 Carp and Minnow Bacterial Diseases.
13 Eel Bacterial Diseases.
14 Salmonid Bacterial Diseases.
15 Striped Bass/Hybrid Bacterial Diseases.
16 Tilapia Bacterial Diseases.
17 Other Bacterial Diseases.
Part IV: Appendices.
Appendix I. List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes.
Appendix II. Table of Conversion Factors.
Appendix III. List of Cell Lines Commonly Used for Diagnostics.
LARRY A. HANSON is Professor in the Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University.