Preface: Rebecca Lent and William Hogarth.
Part I. Fisheries Buybacks Overview.
1. Introduction: Rita Curtis and Dale Squires.
2. Lessons from Fisheries Buybacks: Theodore Groves and Dale Squires.
3. Do Buyback Programs Make Sense?: Rögnvaldur Hannesson.
Part II. Fishery Case Studies.
4. Capacity Reduction and Productivity: A Profit Decomposition for the Australian South East Trawl Fishery: Kevin J. Fox, R. Quentin Grafton, Tom Kompas, and Tuong Nhu Che.
5. A Case Study of Fishing Vessel Capacity Management Public Buyout Schemes: Community Experience through the Multi–Annual Guidance Programmes and Ways Forward: Jean–Claude Cueff.
6. Vessel Decommissioning in Danish Fisheries: Eric Lindebo and Niels Vestergaard.
7. Decommissioning Schemes and Capacity Adjustment: A Preliminary Analysis of the French Experience: Olivier Guyader, Patrick Berthou, and Fabienne Daurès.
8. The Decommissioning Scheme for the Italian Clam Fishery: A Case of Success: Massimo Spagnolo.
9. Driftnets Buyback Program: A Case of Institutional Failure: Massimo Spagnolo.
and Rosaria Sabatella.
10. The Impact of the EU Buyback Scheme on the Italian Fleet: The Northern and Central Adriatic Sea Bottom Trawlers Case: Massimo Spagnolo and Rosaria Sabatella.
11. Buyback Programs for Fishing Vessels in Norway: Rögnvaldur Hannesson.
12. The Effects of Buyback Programs in the British Columbia Salmon Fishery: R. Quentin Grafton and Harry Nelson.
13. Effectiveness of Vessel Buyback Programs on the Offshore Fishery in Taiwan: Jenny Chin–Hwa Sun.
14. The Texas Inshore Bay and Bait License Buyback Program: Robin Riechers, Wade Griffin, and Richard Woodward.
15. Buyback Programs and Industry Restructuring in Fisheries: James E. Kirkley, John B. Walden, and James Waters.
16. A Case Study of New England Groundfish Fishing Capacity Reduction: Eric Thunberg, Andrew Kitts, and John Walden