The first text ever written on the topic, this book summarizes the most recent scientific findings in vascular flowmetry and its application to intraoperative verification. Internationally recognized authorities in the field contribute their experience and opinion on the use of modern flowmetric technologies in cardiac and vascular surgery. Each of the book′s 11 chapters describes a different aspect of the clinical applicability of intraoperative flowmetry, with the aim of educating readers to successfully incorporate the technique in their daily clinical practice. Cardiac and vascular surgeons, general surgeons, cardiologists and fellows will all benefit from the knowledge presented by this book.
1. Rheology: The Physical Basis of Blood Flow.
Harry W. Donias, Hratch L. Karamanoukian, Giuseppe D′Ancona.
2. Functional and Anatomical Tests to Evaluate Graft Patency after Vascular Surgery Procedures: Principles and Clinical Applications.
3. Transit Time Flow Measurement: Principles and Clinical Applications.
4. Use of Transit Time Flow Measurement in Vascular and General Surgery.
5. Competitive Flow and Steal Phenomenon in Coronary Surgery.
6. Transit Time Flow Measurement in Off–Pump Coronary Surgery Bypass Grafting: The Buffalo Experience.
Guiseppe D′Ancona, Hratch L. Karamanoukian, Marco Ricci, Tomas A. Salerno, Jacob Bergsland.
7. Formal Flow in Coronary Surgery.
Gabriele Di Giammarco.
8. Automated Classification Procedures and Neural Network Models to Predict the Level of Anastomotic Stenosis in Off–Pump CABG Surgery.
Patricia B. Cerrito, Steven C. Koenig, Paul A. Spence.
9. Intraoperative Graft Patency Verification: Coronary Angiography Versus Transit Time Flow Measurement.
Erik Fosse, Per Kristian Hol.
10. Intraoperative Flow Measurements: Predictive Value for Postoperative Angiographic Follow–Up.
Yves A.G. Louagie, Carlos E. Brockmann, O. Gurné, Jacques Jamart.
11. Transit Time Flow Measurements: From Bench to Bedside.
Beat H. Walpoth, Guido Beldi, Andreas Bosshard, Otto M. Hess, Thierry Carrel.
Appendix: Exercise in Graft Patency Verification in Coronary Artery Surgery.
Susan Schmid, Giuseppe D′Ancona, Hratch L. Karamanoukian, Marco Ricci, Tomas A. Salerno, Jacob Bergsland.