Key information at your fingertips: Concise information is easy to find – now includes references and index
Completely revised, expanded and updated to reflect changes in new chemical disinfectants
Reviews the range of new disinfectants used for endoscope reprocessing
New for this edition:
For the first time, includes thermal disinfection applications of washer–disinfectors and healthcare laundry
Covers new safety regulations
Reviews new European disinfectant tests
Outlines the properties of both established and new disinfectants
Covers the use of disinfectants against the range of healthcare–associated pathogens
1. Principles of disinfection.
2. Properties of chemical disinfectants.
3. Disinfection Policy.
4. Thermal Disinfection.
5. Organisms of special significance.
6. Cleaning of disinfection of the environment.
7. Disinfection of the skin and mucous membranes.
8. Disinfection of Medical Equipment.
9. Disinfectants in pathology departments.
10. Safety in chemical disinfection.
Appendix 1 Summary of Policy for Decontamination of Equipment or Environment.
Appendix 2 – Bibliography