As well as examining the physical signs and symptoms of lymphoedema, the book explores the different types of lymphoedema and reasons for its development. It includes a framework for the assessment of the person with lymphoedema, addresses skin care, compression, and the role of exercise and movement in lymphoedema management. It also examines potential complications of the condition and possible effects upon a patient s lifestyle.
Lymphoedema Care is an invaluable resource for students, nurses and other health professionals wishing to understand more about lymphoedema.
Promotes care of the at risk limb in order to minimise problematic swelling
Enables nurses to identify complications and recognise the need for referral
Includes case studies
2. Risk factors for the development of lymphoedema.
3. Educating the patient at risk of lymphoedema.
4. Identifying lymphoedema.
5. A framework for the assessment of a patient with lymphoedema.
6. Care of the skin.
7. Movement and exercise.
8. Lymphatic drainage.
9. The role of compression therapy in the management of lymphoedema.
10. Additional treatments used in the management of lymphoedema.
11. Living with lymphoedema.
12. Complications of lymphoedema.
Glossary of terms.
Useful addresses and websites.