∗ Part of the AHA Clinical Series published in conjunction with the American Heart Association
∗ Focuses on high–interest and emerging topics in cardiovascular disease targeted to cardiologists and other interested healthcare providers
∗ A useful tool for investigating, evaluating and treating one of the most important lingering challenges in acute cardiovascular care
2. Pathophysiology (iatrogenic shock, peripheral circulation).
3. General Management.
a. Inotropes / Vasopressors.
b. Mechanical Ventilators.
c. Other Medications.
4. Pump failure – Left Ventricular.
5. Pathophysiology and management of right heart ischemia.
6. Ventricular septal rupture and tamponade.
7. Mitral regurgitation and valvular disease.
8. Cardiogenic shock in other heart diseases: acute decompensation of chronic heart failure, myocarditis, transient apical ballooning syndrome, peripartum cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and chronic valvular stenosis.
9. Circulatory support devices.
10. PCI (including post CABG).