∗ Part of the AHA Clinical Series published in conjunction with the American Heart Association
∗ Focuses on high–interest and emerging topics in cardiovascular disease targeted to cardiologists and other interested healthcare providers
∗ A useful tool for investigating, evaluating and treating one of the most important lingering challenges in acute cardiovascular care
2. Pathophysiology (iatrogenic shock, peripheral circulation).
3. General Management.
a. Inotropes / Vasopressors.
b. Mechanical Ventilators.
c. Other Medications.
4. Pump failure – Left Ventricular.
5. Pathophysiology and management of right heart ischemia.
6. Ventricular septal rupture and tamponade.
7. Mitral regurgitation and valvular disease.
8. Cardiogenic shock in other heart diseases: acute decompensation of chronic heart failure, myocarditis, transient apical ballooning syndrome, peripartum cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and chronic valvular stenosis.
9. Circulatory support devices.
10. PCI (including post CABG).
Clinical Chief of Cardiology
Director, Cardiovascular Clinical Research
Harold Snyder Family Professor of Cardiology
New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
Erik Magnus Ohman, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Professor of Medicine; Director, Program for Advanced Coronary Disease
Director, UNC Heart Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA