Written by relevant experts in the field, this practical textbook uniquely explores the three main specialties of Public Health Nursing: Health Visiting, School Nursing and Occupational Health Nursing. A particular strength of the book is the way it shows the diversity of each discipline and how they each address Public Health in vastly different ways according to the needs of their relevant population.
This will be essential reading for all students on the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) programmes offered across the UK.
- Focuses on the specialist community public health nursing part of the NMC register
- Multidisciplinary, with contributors from all three specialisms
- Concerned with improving the health of the population, rather than treating the diseases of individual patients
- Focuses on practice and competencies
2. Public Health Nursing.
3. Theoretical Perspectives of Health Visiting.
4. Health Visiting in Practice.
5. The Development of School Nursing.
6. School Nursing in Practice.
7. What is Occupational Health?
8. Occupational Health Nursing Practice.
9. Education and Continuing Professional Development of Public Health Nurses.