This fully illustrated second edition remains the essential reference guide for nurses working in all acute areas, as well as general nurses and students learning about ECGs for the first time.
- One of the only ECG texts written by a nurse specifically for nurses.
- Written by an expert in the field.
- Easy–to–access information, full of practical advice.
- Essential for nurses working and studying in intensive care, high dependency units, theatre, theatre recovery coronary care units, medical wards and accident and emergency.
- Case studies and discussion of real ECGs throughout.
New to this edition
- Fully updated throughout with up–to–date guidelines and procedures.
- Includes new guidelines on management of cardiac arrest arrhythmias.
- Case studies added to all chapters.
Chapter 1 The conduction system in the heart 1
Chapter 2 Principles of ECG monitoring 10
Chapter 3 ECG interpretation of cardiac arrhythmias 40
Chapter 4 Cardiac arrhythmias originating in the SA node 50
Chapter 5 Cardiac arrhythmias originating in the atria 72
Chapter 6 Cardiac arrhythmias originating in the AV junction 96
Chapter 7 Cardiac arrhythmias originating in the ventricles 114
Chapter 8 Cardiac arrhythmias with atrioventricular block 135
Chapter 9 Cardiac arrhythmias associated with cardiac arrest 155
Chapter 10 Recording a 12 lead ECG 169
Chapter 11 Interpreting a 12 lead ECG 182
Chapter 12 Management of peri–arrest arrhythmias 220
Chapter 13 Record keeping 243
British Journal of Resuscitation
"Easy to read, succinct review of the cardiac conduction system...(a) useful tool for any health professional new to a monitored environment, and would provide the essential baseline knowledge required for such staff."––British Journal of Perioperative Nursing