The book offers comprehensive coverage of all major topics, from the handling of hazardous substances to the management of medical emergencies. Each chapter includes:
- A bulleted list outlining the scope of the chapter
- A list of figures
- An introduction to the subject and its relevance to the dental practice
- A list of key legislation relating to the subject
- The subject content broken down into sub–headings
- A summary to help reflection and recollection
- An action check list to measure against existing working practices
- Frequently asked questions to assist in practical application
Each topic is covered with specific reference to dental practice needs, with all the necessary detail but no excessive technicality. Ultimately, this book shows how a healthy and safe workplace is eminently achievable.
How to use this manual.
Introduction legal information.
1 Accidents and first aid.
2 Alcohol, drugs and smoking.
3 Communication and training.
4 Conflict management.
5 Disability access.
6 Display screen equipment.
7 Electrical safety.
8 Fire safety and emergencies.
9 Hazardous substances.
10 Infection control.
11 Lone working.
12 Managing health and safety.
13 Manual handling.
14 Medical emergencies.
15 Occupational health and well–being.
16 Personal protective equipment.
18 Radiation protection.
19 Risk assessment.
20 Stress management.
21 Visitors, locums and contractors.
22 Work equipment.
23 Working environment.
24 Working hours.
Sources of advice and information.