Starting with a thorough grounding in the background and theory of denture treatment, the book goes on to describe clinical procedures for all stages of treatment as well as devoting a chapter to the diagnosis and management of clinical problems. The clinical chapters also include sections on quality control, where topics are suggested for consideration in audit cycles.
Now in full colour throughout, this fifth edition of Prosthetic Treatment of the Edentulous Patient contains nearly 200 illustrations and also includes a brand new section on implant overdentures.
- Stresses the importance of evidence–based treatment
- Emphasises care of the elderly and the value of holistic treatment
- Uses a flexible approach to accommodate patient variation
- Highlights the importance of good communication between clinician and dental technician
- Includes many high–quality full colour illustrations
Foreword to the Fifth Edition by Gunnar E. Carlsson.
1 An Appraisal of the Complete Denture Situation.
2 Factors Influencing the Outcome of Prosthetic Treatment.
3 Transition from the Natural to the Artificial Dentition.
4 Stability of Dentures.
5 Jaw Relations Theoretical Considerations.
6 Introductory Remarks to the Clinical Chapters.
7 Assessment of the Patient.
8 The Relevance of Existing Dentures.
9 Preparation of the Mouth.
11 Recording Jaw Relations Clinical Procedures.
12 Dentures and Muscles.
13 Try–in Procedures.
14 Fitting Complete Dentures.
15 Recall Procedures.
16 Some Clinical Problems and Solutions.