From birth through to adolescence, the emphasis is on common and important paediatric problems. This is the only book that takes each symptom and walks you through history taking and physical examination step–by–step. Each section concludes with characteristics and features of the symptoms covered, allowing you to reach differential diagnoses in a logical, highly–structured way. A unique feature are the videos, accessible via your desktop edition, that accompany the book. Designed to enhance your clinical skills and help you in OSCEs, they show you how to examine children correctly.
This third edition has been substantially updated throughout and includes new chapters on cardiac conditions and social paediatrics. Beautifully presented, with many new illustrations and photographs, favourite features such as at a glance and clues to the diagnosis boxes are back, with new red flag boxes to signal the crucial information you need. The self–assessment section allows you to check your knowledge and prepare for paediatrics exams.
Paediatrics and Child Health is the perfect resource for a course on paediatrics, and is accompanied by a FREE enhanced Wiley Desktop Edition – the interactive digital version of the book with downloadable text and images, highlighting and note–taking facilities, book–marking, cross–referencing, in–text searching, and linking to references and glossary terms.
Paediatrics and Child Health is also supported by fully downloadable figures and illustrations at <a href="[external URL]
How to use this book.
PART 1. ABOUT CHILDREN.
1. Nature and nurture.
2. Health care and child health promotion.
3. Children with long–term medical conditions.
PART 2. A PAEDIATRIC TOOL KIT.
4. History taking and clinical examination .
5. Developmental evaluation.
6. Investigations and their interpretation.
PART 3. AN APPROACH TO PROBLEM BASED PAEDIATRICS.
7. The febrile child.
8. Respiratory conditions.
9. Gastrointestinal disorders.
10. Cardiac conditions.
11. Neurological disorders.
12. Development and neurodisability.
13. Growth, endocrinological and metabolic disorders.
14. Musculoskeletal disorders.
15. Renal and urinary disorders.
17. Rashes and dermatological disorders.
18. Haematological conditions.
19. Emotional and behavioural problems.
20. Social paediatrics.
21. Emergency paediatrics.
22. The newborn.
23. Adolescence and puberty.