Preface to the first edition.
Preface to the second edition.
1. The problem of fluency.
2. Some aspects of a preliminary model of speech production.
3. Some speech variables involved in an evaluation of fluency.
4. Developments in linguistic profiling of stuttering.
5. Stuttering: theories as to its nature and causes.
6. Developmental aspects of stuttering.
7. Stuttering in adults.
8. Cluttering and disfluency of organic origin.
9. Some indications for future work.
10. Developments in the understanding of stuttering and cluttering.