This book, written by leading specialists, addresses ten of the currently most discussed conditions and their management, including:
anticoagulation and heart disease.
management strategies in atrial fibrillation.
drug therapy in acute myocardial infarction.
hypertension: the influence of age and pressure on treatment options.
management of the post procedure patient.
implementing management protocols for cardiovascular diseases.
treatment of hyperlipidaemia in the absence and presence of asymptomatic coronary heart disease.
assessment and treatment of cardiovascular risk and disease in women.
Cardiologists and general physicians will find these concise, practical chapters of lasting value as a reference to the management of a wide variety of the most common heart conditions.
1. Assessment and treatment of cardiovascular risk and disease in women (A E Fletcher, D R Holdright and J R McEwan).
2. Acute treatment of myocardial infarction (W S Hillis).
3. Antiplatelet Drugs (J M Ritter).
4. Anticoagulation and heart disease (S M C Hardman and M R Cowie).
5. Treatment of hyperlipidaemia in the absence and presence of symptomatic coronary heart disease (G R Thompson).
6. Hypertension: The influence of age and pressure on treatment options (C J Bulpitt and A E Fletcher).
7. Heart Failure (N C Davidson and A D Struthers).
8. Management of the postprocedure patient (P Yiu and J R McEwan).
9. Management strategies in atrial fibrillation (M M Gallagher, A G Ravi Kishore and A J Camm).
10. Implementing cardiovascular management strategies in hospital practice (J R McEwan).