With contributions from leading specialists, this is an authoritative guide to safe and effective practice in day care anaesthesia that is relevant for all units, whether in large hospitals or local clinics.
1. Patient selection, assessment, and preparation (Jean M. Millar).
2. Principles of general anaesthesia (Alexander P. L. Goodwin).
3. Inhalation anaesthesia (Angela Freschini, Ian Smith).
4. Intravenous anaesthesia (John Peacock).
5. Regional anaesthesia (Johan Raeder).
6. Sedation (Glenda Rudkin).
7. Postoperative pain and emesis: a systematic approach (Jan Jakobsson).
8. Assessment of recovery, discharge, and late follow–up (Ian Jackson).
9. The pediatric day case (Dori Ann McCulloch).
10. The future of day surgery (Ian Smith).