- The growing burden of bone and joint disorders
- Future provision of care for musculoskeletal conditions
- The future burden of bone and joint conditions and priorities for health care
- The potential of developments in bio–science and technology
- The future diagnosis and management of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, chronic pain/back pain and trauma
- The implications for health care and how it should respond
Written in an accessible manner, this book is designed for the interested reader as well as health managers and economists, policy makers, rheumatologists and orthopaedic surgeons. Related titles from BMJ Books: Clinical Futures Sports Medicine Handbook Evidence–based Sports Medicine Benefits and Hazards of Exercise Drugs in Sport.
1 The Future Provision of Care for Musculoskeltal Conditions (Anthony D. Woolf).
2 The Future Burden of Bone and Joint Conditions, and Priorities for Health Care (Deborah P.M. Symmons).
3 From Basic Science to the Future Bedside: The Potentail of Developments in Bioscience and Technology (Ferdinand G. Breedveld).
4 The Future Diagnosis and Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis (Piet L.C.M. van Riel).
5 The Future Diagnosis and Management of Osteoarthritis (Michael Doherty and Stefan Lohmander).
6 The Future Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis (Donncha O Gradaigh and Juliet Compston).
7 The Future Diagnosis and Management of Chronic Musculosketal Pain (Peter Croft).
8 The Future Diagnosis and Management of Trauma (Bruce D. Browner and Ross A. Benthien).