Reflecting the author′s extensive work with dogs, this book promises thorough explanations of topics, and proven behavioral strategies that have been designed, tested, and used by the author. More than 50 figures and tables illustrate this unique and significant contribution to dog behavior, training, and learning
1. Origins and Domestication.
2. Development of Behaviour.
3. Neurobiology of Behaviour and Learning.
4. Sensory Abilities.
5. Biological and Dispositional Constraints on Learning.
6. Classical Conditioning.
7. Instrumental Learning.
8. Aversive Control of Behavior.
9. Learning and Behavioral Disturbances.
10. Human–Dog Companionship: Cultural and Psychological Significance.