Transforming Nursing through Reflective Practice provides a wealth of new insights from practitioners actively involved in reflective practice in nursing research, education, clinical practice and practice development.
This invaluable book enables nurses to continually evaluate their own practice in order to inform their approaches to reflection; critique, develop and monitor their professional practice; and thereby improve the quality of their patient care. There is a greater emphasis in the new edition on transforming practice, the research base for reflective practice and grounding the reflective process in clinical practice.
∗ Examines the contribution of reflective practice to nursing
∗ Enables nurses to continually develop their practice and improve patient care
∗ Includes insights from many areas of clinical practice
∗ Explores the role of reflection in clinical supervision and research studies
∗ Examines the role of narrative and reflective dialogue in reflective practice
List of Contributors.
1. Expanding the Gates of Perception.
2. Evidence, Memory and Truth: Towards a Deconstructive Validation of Reflective Practice.
3. Living Relational Ethics in Health Care.
4. Reflective Practice and Socratic Dialogue.
5. Clinical Supervision in the Context of Custodial Care.
6. Developing Prison Health Care through Reflective Practice.
7. Voice as a Metaphor for Transformation through Reflection.
8. Reflexivity and Intersubjectivity in Clinical Supervision: On the Value of Not–knowing.
9. The Beast and the Star: Resolving Contradictions within Everyday Practice.
10. Using Reflection in Complementary Therapies: Critical Reflection and Pain Management.
11. Creating Sacred Space: A Journey to the Soul.
12. Constructing the Reflexive Narrative.