List of Contributors.
SECTION 1. THE CHALLENGES OF LEADERSHIP IN HEALTHCARE.
1. The Context of Healthcare Leadership in Britain Today (Melanie Jasper).
2. What is Leadership? A Critical Overview of Frameworks, Models and Theories (Mansour Jumaa).
3. What is Effective Healthcare Leadership? A Case Study of the NHS in England (Mansour Jumaa).
4. Strategic Leadership for Healthcare Management (Mark Hodder and Stuart Marples).
5. Healthcare Governance Through Effective Leadership (Rob McSherry, Alyson Wadding and Paddy Pearce).
SECTION 2. USING THE CLINLAP/LEADLAP MODEL FOR EFFECTIVE HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP.
6. The CLINLAP Model – A Model for Nursing Management and Leadership Development (Mansour Jumaa).
7. Implementing the CLINLAP Model – A Case Study of Policy Change in Managing Deliberate Self–Harm (Janice Phillips, Helen Julu, Gülner Salih and Chris Gbolo).
8. Leadership Through Group Clinical Supervision (Jo Alleyne and Mansour Jumaa).
9. Leadership for Evidence–Based Practice (Mansour Jumaa, Ilkka Kunnamo and Melanie Jasper).
10. Leadership for Emotional Intelligence (Mansour Jumaa).
SECTION 3. STRATEGIES FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP.
11. Leading Change in Primary and Community Care (Lindsey Hayes).
12. Leading an Older Persons Outreach and Support Team Through Transformational Leadership (Nadia Chambers).
13. Leadership for Practice Development (Theresa Shaw).
14. Leadership in an Interprofessional Context: Learning from Learning Disability (Janet McCray).
SECTION 4. CHALLENGES FOR LEADERSHIP IN THE FUTURE.
15. The Challenges for Leadership in the Future (Melanie Jasper).
Melanie Jasper is Course Leader for MSc Nursing Studies, MA Advanced Professional Practice in Healthcare and the Professional Doctorate in Nursing at the University of Portsmouth.
Dr Mansour Jumaa is Principal Lecturer of Health Care and Nursing Management at the School of Health and Social Sciences, Middlesex University, and is also Director of the Sussex Research and Development Centre for Work Based Learning (CWBL).