This book is extremely practical in orientation and is an essential reference volume in the haematology laboratory.
Haemoglobinopathy Diagnostic is ideal for:
Trainees and residents in haematology
Hematologists in practice
Why Buy This Book?
New Edition – Fully updated, with 43 new pictures and 37 pages of illustrated clinical cases to use for teaching and self–evaluation
Essential reference volume for the haematology laboratory
Focuses on diagnosis
Very practical in its approach
In addition to the self–assessment case studies, contains "test your knowledge" sections at the end of every chapter
Remarkably comprehensive for a compact book
Abbreviations and glossary.
1. Haemoglobin and the genetics of haemoglobin synthesis.
2. Laboratory techniques for the identification of abnormalities of globin chain synthesis.
3. , , , and thalassaemias and related conditions.
4. Sickle cell haemoglobin and its interactions with other variant haemoglobins and with thalassaemias.
5. Other significant haemoglobinopathies.
6. Acquired abnormalities of globin chain synthesis or haemoglobin structure.
7. Organization of a haemoglobinopathy diagnostic service.
8. Self–assessment – test cases.
It provides a concise overview of the haemoglobinopathies and focuses on the selection, performance, and interpretation of relevant laboratory tests. (E–Pathology, 27 February 2014)"As you would expect from Barabara Bain there is a wealth of superb microscopy photographs for peripheral smear, bone marrow and trephine slides. This new edition has been updated with 43 new pictures. A particularly valuable text for students preparing to sit MRCPAth or Advanced Practitioner examinations."
Medical Laboratory World