Highly illustrated in full colour throughout, the book provides clear and practical guidance to the administration of local anaesthesia. The book introduces the reader to the concept of nerve conduction and pain as well as providing an explanation of the anatomy of the trigeminal nerve. Further chapters cover such key areas of practice as regional anaesthesia, local anaesthesia in children, pharmacology, local and systemic complications, general practical aspects, the prevention of side effects and legal aspects.
2. Anatomy of the trigeminal nerve.
3. Pharmacology of local anaesthetics.
4. General practical aspects.
5. Regional anaesthesia in the upper jaw.
6. Regional anaesthesia in the lower jaw.
7. Supplemental techniques of regional anaesthesia.
8. Local anaesthesia in children.
9. Local complications.
10 Systemic complications.
11 Patients at risk.
12 Legal aspects