Stillbirth: Prediction, Prevention and Management provides a comprehensive guide to the topic of stillbirth. Distilling recent groundbreaking research, expert authors consider:
- The epidemiology of stillbirth throughout the world
- The various possible causes of stillbirth
- The psychological effects on mothers and families who suffer a stillbirth
- Management of stillbirth
- Managing pregnancies following stillbirth
Stillbirth: Prediction, Prevention and Management is packed with crucial evidence–based information and practical insights. It enables all obstetric healthcare providers to manage one of the most traumatic yet all too common situations they will encounter.
Titles of Related Interest
Preterm Birth: Prevention & ManagementVincenzo Berghella (ed), ISBN 978–1–4051–9290–3
Protocols for High–Risk Pregnancy, 5eJohn T Queenan, John Hobbins and Catherine Spong (eds), ISBN 978–1–4051–9650–5
Management of High–Risk Pregnancy, 5eJohn T Queenan, Catherine Spong, Charles Lockwood (eds), 978–1–4051–2782–0
Critical Care Obstetrics, 5eMichael Belfort, George Saade, Michael Foley, Jeffrey Phelan, Gary Dildy (eds), ISBN 978–1–4051–5273–0
1. High income countries (Ruth Fretts).
2. Low income countries (Joy E. Lawn, Hannah Blencowe, Robert Pattinson, Cynthia Stanton, and Simon Cousens).
3. Classification of stillbirths (Uma M. Reddy and Marian Willinger).
Part II: Etiology/Causes
4. Demographics and Exposures (Carol J. Rowland Hogue).
5. Infection (Robert L. Goldenberg, Elizabeth M. McClure).
6. Genetics (Ronald Wapner).
7. Fetal Growth Restriction (Jason Gardosi)
8. Vascular/Thrombotic (Fabio Facchinetti and Francesca Monari).
9. Maternal Medical Conditions (Deborah L. Conway).
10. Placenta and Cord (Raymond W. Redline).
11. Congenital Anomalies (Michael Varner and Janice L.B. Byrne).
Part III: Management of the Patient with a Stillbirth
12. Workup of the patient with a stillbirth (Robert M. Silver and Michael L. Draper).
13. Psychosocial Care (Joanne Cacciatore).
14. Medical Management Including Delivery (Donald J. Dudley).
15. Management of the Subsequent Pregnancy (George Saade).