Praise for Taming the Abrasive Manager
"Powerful advice for anyone who works under, over, or with an abrasive manager."
Bruce Jackson, Ph.D., president and CEO, The Institute of Applied Human Excellence
"Laura Crawshaw has a deep understanding of how to deal with the abrasive boss. The principles and ideas in this book are brilliant and can be implemented by anyone facing an abrasive manager, colleague, or team member. Crawshaw provides a road map on how to stop being a hostage to an abrasive boss and threatening work environment."
George A. Kohlrieser, professor, Leadership and Organizational Behavior, IMD (International Institute for Management Development), Lausanne, Switzerland and author, Hostage at the Table
"Employee retention is one of the biggest issues that organizations face today, and one of the main reasons people leave is a destructive manager. Based on her many years of researching and coaching abrasive bosses, Dr. Crawshaw offers practical, real–world steps on how to turn this behavior around. You owe it to yourself and those you work with to read this book!"Jon Peters, president, The Institute for Management Studies
1. Abrasive Bosses and the Working Wounded.
2. Boss Whispering.
3. Abrasive Boss Behavior: What They Do.
4. Bears, Bosses, and Business: Survival Through Dominance.
5. On the Origins of Abrasion: Why They Do It.
6. Blinder Than Bats: Why They Don′t See.
7. Why We Don′t Take Bulls (or Bosses) by the Horns.
8. Can Bosses Change Their (Blind) Spots?.
9. Blinders Off: How Management Can Make Them See.
10. Limits On: How Management Can Make Them Care.
11. Risky Business: Taming the Boss You Work For or With.
12. The Choice to Change: Will the Horse Drink?.
13. Ending Unnecessary Roughness: Preventing Workplace Abrasion.
Appendix: Are You Abrasive? (Self–Test).