"Leadership and the Sexes is an exciting new book by gender team Michael Gurian and Barbara Annis. It offers critical insight into the minefield of gender relationships in the workplace, and is a tool I have been missing. Corporate America needs the knowledge this new book gives us. I can′t wait to start implementing the authors′ ideas."
—Pernille Lopez, president, IKEA North America
"Leadership and the Sexes is researchbased and very readerfriendly, a Gender Development Kit that can be used by corporations to improve gender dynamics. Michael Gurian and Barbara Annis provide a scientific approach that breaks down traditional barriers and enables management to implement gender–based leadership rationally. This is an exciting book!"
—Dave Roth, former vice president of engineering, Packet Engines and Vivato Systems
"Leadership and the Sexes is a great book! Michael Gurian and Barbara Annis have captured the insights and science that explain so much about our gender differences. Their book is a priceless contribution to the business world, as we learn how best to capitalize on the strengths of both sexes. It offers compelling scientific reasons for bringing us all to the table in equal, unique, and shared roles. I thank the authors for making sense out of a topic that others often cloud with political correctness . . . this book is right on target."
—Flip Flippen, president, the Flippen Group; bestselling author, The Flip Side
"Leadership and the Sexes is an important work and Michael Gurian and Barbara Annis are perfect to write it. Filled with practical, accessible information, this is a book that all of us need to read, whether we deal with men and women at work or (with those who lead) in our communities or families."
—Daniel Amen, M.D., neuropsychiatrist, the Amen Clinics; bestselling author, Sex on the Brain
I: THE THEORY.
Gender Intelligence – The Natural Differences Between Men and Women.
1. Understanding the New Science of Gender Intelligence.
2. Understanding How the Male and Female Brain Work Differently.
3. Understanding How Men and Women Lead Differently.
II: FOUR GENDERTOOLS: PUTTING GENDER INTELLIGENCE TO WORK IMMEDIATELY.
4. GenderTool 1: Improving Your Negotiation Skills with Both Genders.
5. GenderTool 2: Running a Gender–Balanced Meeting.
6. GenderTool 3: Improving Your Communication Skills with Women and Men.
7. GenderTool 4: Improving Your Conflict Resolution Skills with Men and Women.
III: THE APPLICATIONS: ENSURING BALANCED LEADERSHIP IN MANAGEMENT.
8. Helping Women: Retaining, Motivating, and Working with Female Talent.
9. Helping Men: Recognizing Men′s Leadership Strengths and Solving Issues Men Face.
10. GenderTool 5: Practicing Gender–Intelligent Mentoring and Coaching in Your Corporation.
Epilogue: The Future of Gender.
Notes and Resources.
Appendix: Gender/Brain Spectrum Surveys for Men and Women.
About the Authors.