Body language opens a window into other people s thoughts.
How do you know when someone is attracted to you? How do you know when someone is lying? When you understand body language, you ll be able to answer these questions and much, much more.
How to read body language
This book show how to build rapport with other people, at work and in every areas of your life, by helping you read body language. The unique, scenario–based approach makes it simple to pick up and apply instantly, from your very next "Hello, how are you?" all the way through to "Goodbye."
Packed with practical advice and techniques, it will give you a thorough grounding in reading body language. You will discover:
- The unconscious effect non–verbal communication has on us all
- A simple system to help you observe and read body language
- Ways to change and adapt your body language to give you more confidence
- How to use body language to help you engage better with other people
- What body language can tell you in meetings, presentations, negotiations and other business situations
1 The Body of Evidence 3
2 The Science of Body Language 21
3 Body Language is Bigger Than You Think 39
4 Greetings 61
5 Meetings 89
6 Presentations 121
7 Sales and Negotiations 141
8 Aggression and Confrontation 159
9 The Body Language of Managing Others 181
10 Putting It All Together 193
The Back Story You re Lying How It All Started 211
About Robert Phipps 221
Image Credits 223