This is the 29th issue of the Jossey–Bass series New Directions for Philanthropic Fundraising.
1. The material horizons of philanthropy: New directions for money and motives (Paul G. Schervish).
2. The spiritual horizons of philanthropy: New directions for money and motives (Paul G. Schervish).
3. Financial and psychological determinants of donors′ capacity to give (Thomas B. Murphy).
4. One more time: How do you motivate donors? (Donald N. Ritzenhein).
5. The new rules for engaging donors of color: Giving in the twenty–first century (Emmett D. Carson).
6. The public and private persona of philanthropy: The donor challenge (H. Peter Karoff).