This is the 94th issue of the Jossey–Bass series New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development.
1. Work Contributions to the Family: Developing a 5Conceptual and Research Framework (Jacqueline J. Goodnow, Jeanette A. Lawrence).
2. Household Chores: Under What ConditionsDo Mothers Lean on Daughters? (Ann C. Crouter, Melissa R. Head, Matthew F. Bumpus, Susan M. McHale).
3. Extended Schooling, Adolescence, and theRenegotiation of Responsibility Among Italian ImmigrantFamilies in New Haven, Connecticut, 1910 1940 (Stephen Lassonde).
4. Family Obligation and the Academic Motivationof Adolescents from Asian, Latin American, andEuropean Backgrounds (Andrew J. Fuligni).
5. Children Investing in Their Families: The Importance ofChild Obligation in Successful Development (Thomas S. Weisner).