We find that many business leaders today are in the same situation as the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Lion searching for the key personal quality that will somehow make them successful or whole (and often investing significantly in ′wizards′ who promise to do so). Quite often, what they need already exists within them but is unrecognized or undeveloped. We hope this book will help move you down the yellow brick road of leadership understanding."
from the Introduction
Part One: The Case for Whole Leadership.
1. Whole Leadership Versus Partial Leadership.
2. Developing Leaders the Systemic, Integrated Way.
Part Two: Head Leadership.
3. Rethinking the Way We Do Things Around Here.
4. Reframing the Boundaries.
5. Getting Things Done.
6. Developing and Articulating a Point of View.
Part Three: Heart Leadership.
7. Balancing People Needs with Business Requirements: Touching All the Bases.
8. Delivering Integrated Solutions Through Trust.
9. Working with and Leading People from Diverse Cultures: Developing True Empathy.
10. Overcoming Personal Derailers in Working with Others.
Part Four: Guts Leadership.
11. Taking Risks with Little or No Data.
12. Balancing Risk and Reward.
13. Acting with Unyielding Integrity.
Part Five: Mature Leadership.
14. Developing Mature Leaders for the Twenty–First Century.
About the Authors.