The Complete CEO combines invaluable insights from some of the most successful CEOs in North America and Northern Europe along with the authors' extensive knowledge and experience to create a complete programme for you and your business to achieve peak corporate and individual performance. The Complete CEO distils learning built up over the last ten years from 1,000 leaders of the world's largest quoted companies. By comparing the ways these leaders run their businesses with their long–term performance, you will be able to see what works in practice and how to make it work for you.
The Complete CEO is not a conventional business book and recognises there are no shortcuts to greatness. Even great CEOs have important areas of relative weakness. The tailored model of high performance presented in this book will be of enormous value to anyone who aspires to be a high–performing CEO.
Who is this book for?
Part 1: The Fundamentals of Success.
1. What is success for the CEO?
2. Who is the complete CEO?
3. Management and leadership.
Part 2: The CEO s High–Performance Model.
1. Getting your company ready for greatness.
2. The CEO s high–performance model.
3. A winning business model.
4. Right capabilities and resources.
5. Dedicated leadership.
6. Strong management.
7. An organization that knows itself.
Part 3: The CEO s Challenges.
1. Negotiating the contract.
2. Managing the fi rst 100 days.
3. Dealing with underperforming businesses.
4. Dealing with underperforming individuals.
5. Making mergers and acquisitions.
6. Dealing with investors.
7. Knowing when and how to go.
Part 4: The CEO s Toolkit.
1. Knowing yourself.
2. Defi ning the information you require.
3. Solving bet–the–ranch problems.
4. Driving signifi cant change through the business.
5. Time management.
Appendix 1: Strategy in the multi–business context.
Appendix 2: Value measurement.
Gary Miles (Malaga, Spain) is an expert in the use of technology to drive business performance. He formerly operated the Information Systems Group at PA Consulting Group.
Peter Fisk (Teddington, Middlesex, UK) is a strategist and marketer who has worked with and consulted for some of the world s leading brands. He formerly led the marketing team at PA Consulting Group.