- Effective Engagement
- The Impact Coaching Can Have
- Coaching in Context: Changes in Leadership and Management Demands and Expectations
- What Makes a Good Coach
- What a Coachee Gets Out of Engaging with Coaching
- Different Formats for Coaching
- Coaching and the Chief Executive
- Different Focuses of Individual Coaching
- The Difference Between Coaching and Mentoring
- Meeting Business Priorities
- Introducing Coaching Programmes in a Whole Organisation
- Running Coaching in Your Organisation
- The International Dimension
1. Effective Engagement.
2. The Impact of Coaching.
3. Coaching in Context: Changes in Leadership and .
Management Demands and Expectations.
4. What Makes a Good Coach?.
5. What a Client Gets Out of Engaging with Coaching .
6. Different Formats for Coaching.
7. Coaching Starts at the Top.
8. Different Contexts Where Coaching Can Make A Significant Difference..
9. The Difference Between Coaching and Mentoring.
10. Meeting Business Priorities.
11. Introducing Coaching Programmes into an Organization.
12. Running Coaching in Your Organization.
13. The International Dimension.
14. Engaging with the Future of Coaching.
Annex 1: Introducing Coaching Programmes: Key Questions.
Annex 2: Bibliography.
"Business Coaching is a real breath of fresh air…a practical and useful read for everyone in HR." (Human Resources, September 2007)
"...a useful tool for HR teams looking to dispel similar misconceptions in their own organisations." (Strategic HR Review, January 2008)