Volume Two focuses on practice and training, and addresses such topics as:
- group therapy
- occupational therapy
- couples and family therapy
- continuing education
1. Racial–Cultural Competence: Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills (D. Sue).
2. Emerging Approaches to Training Psychologist to Be Culturally Competent (J. Ponterotto & R. Austin).
3. Teaching Racial–Cultural Counseling Competence: A Racially Inclusive Model (R. Carter).
4. Multicultural Learning in Family Therapy Education (C. Alderfer).
5. The Ecology of Life Spaces: Racial Identity–Based Education and Training (V. Wang).
6. A Practical Coping Skills Approach for Racial–Cultural Skills Acquisition (B. Wallace).
7. Issues of Language Diversity: Training Culturally Competent and Confident Therapists (M. Faubert & D. Locke).
8. Racial–Cultural Training for Group Counseling and Psychotherapy (M. McRae & E. Short).
9. The Working Alliance, Therapy Ruptures and Impasses, and Counseling Competence: Implications for Counselor Training and Education (W. Liu & D. Pope–Davis).
10. Racial–Cultural Training for Supervisors: Goals, Foci, and Strategies (E. Chen).
11. Applications of Racial–Cultural Supervision (A. Reynolds).
12. Postdoctoral Training in Racial–Cultural Counseling Competence (C. Ridley & D. Mollen).
PART II: CRITICAL ISSUES IN RACIAL–CULTURAL PRACTICE.
13. Psychological Theory and Culture: Practice Implications (C. Thompson).
14. Integrating Theory and Practice: A Racial–Cultural Counseling Model (A. Alvarez & R. Piper).
15. The Use of Race and Ethnicity in Psychological Practice: A Review (K. Cokley).
16. The Impact of cultural Variables on Vocational Psychology: Examination of the Found and Bingham Culturally Appropriate Career Counseling Model (K. Ihle–Helledy, et al.).
17. Diagnosis in racial–Cultural Practice (T. Buckley & D. Franklin–Jackson).
18. Assessment Practices in Racial–Cultural Psychology (L. Suzuki, et al.).
19. Racial–Cultural Issue sin Clinical Assessment (C. Branch).
20. Racial–Cultural Practice: An Integrative Approach to White Racial Identity Assessment (T. Richardson & E. Frey).
21. Skills and Methods for Group Work with Racially and Ethnically Diverse Clients (D. Hurdle).
22. Family Counseling and Psychotherapy in Racial–Cultural Psychology: Case Applications (A. Thomas).
23. Couples Counseling and Psychotherapy in Racial–Cultural Psychology: Case Application (D. Miehls).
24. Immigration and Transition: Implications of Racial–Cultural Counseling and Clinical Practice (P. Arredondo).
25. A Psychohistorical Analysis of the African American Bicultural Experience (S. Utsey, et al.).
26. White Racism and Mental Health: Treating the Individual Racist (J. Dobbins & J. Skillings).
27. Racial Discrimination and Race–Based Traumatic Stress: An Exploratory Investigation (R. Carter, et al.).
28. Enhancing Therapeutic Interventions with People of Color: Integrating Outreach, Advocacy and Prevention (E. Vera, et al.).
29. Developing a Frame Work for Culturally Competent Systems of Care (A. Evans, et al.).
30. An Racial Code for Racial–Cultural Practice: Filling Gaps and Confronting Contradictions in Existing Ethical Guidelines (L. Cladwell & D. Tarver).
31. Racial–Cultural Training and Practice Moving form Rhetoric to reality: Summary and Conclusion (R. Carter, et al.).