Section I: Organizational Change in the Academy and in POD.
1. Diversity and its discontents.
2. The challenge and test of our values.
3. POD as a multicultural organization.
4. The scholarship of teaching and learning.
5. QILT: An approach to faculty development and institutional self–improvement.
6. Finding key faculty to influence change.
Section II. Collaboration and Partnerships.
7. Student collaboration in faculty development.
8. Transforming introductory psychology.
9. TEACHnology: Linking teaching and technology in faculty development.
10. Writing–across–the–curriculum as a site for new collaborations.
11. Faculty teaching partners and associates.
12. Creating a culture of formative assessment.
Section III. Examining Assumptions About Teaching and Faculty Development.
13. Fragmentation vs. integration of faculty work.
14. Getting lecturers to take discussion seriously.
15. Faculty development in a program for first–year students.
16. The influence of disciplinary differences on consultations with faculty.
17. Faculty development centers in research universities.