In this issue, we take on ethics in higher education from a practical perspective. Topics include:
- social responsibility as the foundation for strategic planning
- sustainability on campus and related service learning
- ethics across the curriculum (general and specific)
- institutional codes of ethics
- professional codes of ethics and implications for student–teacher relationships
- design and delivery of a course on ethics
- institutions? ethical obligations to provide a quality education to athletes
Whether you are senior administration, a dean or department chair, an individual faculty member, or student, this issue provides practical advice for addressing ethics.
This is the 142nd issue of the Jossey–Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Higher Education. Addressed to presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other higher education decision makers on all kinds of campuses, New Directions for Higher Education provides timely information and authoritative advice about major issues and administrative problems confronting every institution.