STRATEGIC PROJECT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Organizations that outperform do so because of a combination of strong execution and great strategy. Lack of either results in failure. Effective portfolio management helps achieve outperformance, making your strategy real through organizational change.
Practical and filled with expert advice, Strategic Project Portfolio Management: Enabling a Productive Organization presents a clear framework for your organization to complete significant strategic projects. Providing executive–level guidance to build a powerful and efficient process from initial adoption to portfolio alignment, this essential resource contains case studies from small to multinational organizations, arming you with the insights to ensure your strategic projects are given the resources they need to deliver business impact. This important guide introduces several key initiatives that will dramatically improve your ability to execute effectively on a strategic portfolio, including:
- Setting bold goals for both the business, and therefore the portfolio, and sharing these goals repeatedly and broadly
- How to go beyond project portfolio management to a holistic work management system
- Sharing portfolio information broadly with as many employees as possible
- Why technology is the key to developing new collaborative platforms and innovative work management environments
- A framework for assessing project portfolio management competence within your organization and driving momentum for compelling improvements
- Examining and cutting processes regularly
Portfolio management is a process, requiring the com–bination of the right processes and the right technology to support it. Filled with cases from best–in–class organizations illustrating how results were achieved using processes outlined in the book, Strategic Project Portfolio Management: Enabling a Productive Organization offers the practical recommendations, guidance, and real–world insights you need to immediately begin driving better project management strategy.
Chapter 1 Obtaining The Best Ideas.
Chapter 2 Selecting Impactful Projects.
Chapter 3 The Importance Of Planning.
Chapter 4 Improving Cost Performance.
Chapter 5 Ten Things To Do.
Chapter 6 Best Practices.
Chapter 7 Ten Things To Avoid.
Chapter 8 Communications.
Chapter 9 Organizational Bottlenecks.
Chapter 10 People, The Key Element.
Chapter 11 Towards Adaptive Project Management.
Chapter 12 The Future of Strategic Portfolio Management.