The new edition of Financial Reporting Handbook 2008 continues to provide students and educators with the latest Financial Reporting Standards. Current as of 1 January 2008 the technical editor Claire Locke continues the authoritative commentaries established in earlier editions that offer students an easy to use, and read, volume.
New to the 2008 edition:
- The conceptual framework, incorporating SAC 1 Definition of the Reporting Entity, SAC 2 Objective of General Purpose Financial Reporting and the AASB Framework for the Preparation and Presentation of Financial Statements.
- AASB accounting standards issued as at 1 January 2008, including the compiled versions as issued by the AASB during 2007.
- AAS accounting standards AAS 25, AAS 27, AAS 29, and AAS 31, including amendments.
- UIG and AASB Interpretations issued as at 1 January 2008.
- New material from the Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board covering ethical and practice management issues.