Information Systems: A Business Approach 3rd edition is a new, expanded edition of this well-regarded Australian text for students studying information systems with an integrated approach.
The text focuses on the strategic, tactical and operational uses of information technology in business. It explains how information systems can be developed to effectively manage organisations and provides sufficient technical knowledge to make effective decisions in this area. The approach has been designed to enable students to develop long–lasting, widely applicable skills by placing more emphasis on transferable skills and business knowledge.
Information Systems 3rd edition develops a sound conceptual framework, which is reinforced throughout with up-to-date business examples. The text brings information systems to life and demonstrates how critical it is to each functional area and to every business.
New to Edition
- Chapter 11 - IS Infrastructure. Hardware content has been restructured and considered as part of the IS infrastructure.
- Expanded content on data analysis.
- Emphasis on IT/IS governance.
- Wireless network content has been expanded and updated.
- Shows students how to use technology for strategic and tactical advantage in business.
- Focus on student understanding of the principles of information systems.
- Includes exercises and cases to support the multimode delivery strategies of university courses (traditional, external, internet based, flexible delivery).
- IS in Action. Updated to be more current and reflective of contemporary information systems applications.
- Case studies. End of chapter case studies have been thoroughly revised to present a complete new set of information system applications and scenarios.
Now with Wiley Desktop Edition!
When you purchase a new copy of this text you will automatically receive a Wiley Desktop Edition of Modern Auditing and Assurance Services 4th edition which allows you to study electronically.
- Download the full text to your computer!
- Use the search function to locate key concepts!
- Create your own colour–coded highlights as you revise!
- Make notes for revision and share them with your friends!
Chapter 1: Setting the scene
Chapter 2: Business information systems
Chapter 3 Business software
Chapter 4: Communication and networks
Chapter 5: Systems integration information systems at work
Chapter 6: Introduction to systems development
Chapter 7: Strategic information systems management
Chapter 8: Managing the information systems function
Chapter 9: E–business
Chapter 10: Web commerce development
Chapter 11: Information Systems Infrastructure
Chapter 12: Personal productivity with information systems