Changing professions in mid–career is both a challenge and an opportunity. Whether you′re burned out or bored to death with your job, whether you′ve been downsized, retired, or fired, this is your chance to seize control of your career and start doing something you really love. Even if you′ve been working in the same field for decades, Escape the Mid–Career Doldrums offers solutions, ideas, and practical tools for shaking up your professional life for the better.
Everyone deserves a second chance at a great career. Based on real case studies of mid–career professionals, Escape the Mid–Career Doldrums will help you discover the causes of your professional problems and fix them with practical, straightforward career advice. Inside, you′ll find inspiring and practical guidance on:
- Recognizing when you′re burned out or bored
- Gaining the confidence to take action and seize new opportunities
- Taking advantage of your mid–career experience
- Looking inside yourself to find your next career path or goal
- Adjusting to changes in the modern workplace
- Switching to a part–time or flex–time schedule
- Finding a career that matches your interests
- Mining emerging trends for new opportunities
- Using continuing education to transition into a new profession
- And much more
For experienced professionals who are out of work or unhappy with their jobs, Escape the Mid–Career Doldrums is the perfect prescription for a new, healthy, and exciting life.
Chapter 1. The Changing World of the Mid–Career Professional.
Chapter 2. Your Career is in a Turnaround. A Great Environment for Fresh Starts and New Directions.
Chapter 3. What You Do Next Doesn′t Depend On What You Did Before: Moving Past the Career Myths.
Chapter 4. Assess the Underlying Cause of Your Boredom, Burnout, Retirement, or Firing.
Chapter 5. Use the Cause to Find the Cure.
Chapter 6. Open Yourself to the New World of Work and Emerging Opportunities.
Chapter 7. Enter Your Discomfort Zone. Transitioning to a New Way of Thinking.
Chapter 8. Monitor Your Progress. Signs that You′re Going in a Great New Direction.
Chapter 9. What Next. A New 30 Year Plan.
Appendix 1. Financial Issues to Consider When Changing Jobs or Careers.
13 Step Networking Process.
Appendix 3. Business Plan Outline.