"As usual, Aylward and Moore have created a path that helps the reader identify and develop critical instincts, behaviors that not only create energy around business life, but can make personal lives richer and more rewarding."
---- Kenneth Keymer, CEO and President, VICORP Restaurants
"However you define your corner office, this book helps you develop the instincts you need to build deeper relationships and be more successful both personally and professionally."
---- Andy Andrews, author of the New York Times bestseller, The Traveler's Gift
"In Confessions, authors Aylward and Moore capture the reality of our humanity within the corridors of corporate America with real stories about real people."
---- Clifton L. Taulbert, Pulitzer Prize-nominated author of The Last Train North
"An insightful, practical guide to achieving a winning management style. I applaud the authors' ability to motivate with empathy rather than intimidation."
---- Jerry Langley, Executive in Residence,Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame
I. Attitude Instincts.
Get Married Again-Your Spouse Won't Mind.
Corner Office Instinct 1: Find a Corporate Soul Mate.
2. What's Love Got to Do with It?
Corner Office Instinct 2: Have a Passionate Love Affair with the Office.
3. Put Down you Fingers and Listen.
Corner Office Instinct 3: If Someone Is Talking to You, Return the Favor and Listen.
4. Of Course I want Your Opinion-As Long as It is the Same as Mine.
Corner Office Instinct 4: Take Pride in Sharing the Spotlight.
5. Check for Blocked Arteries.
Corner Office Instinct 5: It's Okay to Take It Personally.
6. I Rest My Case, Your Honor.
Corner Office Instinct 6: Protect, Honor, and Defend Those Who Work for You.
9 to 5 Was Just a Movie.
Corner Office Instinct 7: Jobs Have Time Clocks-Careers Don't.
II: PERFORMANCE INSTINCTS.
8. Open 24 Hours.
Corner Office Instinct 8: Smart Always Beats Fast.
9. Never Leave the Office Without It-A Nutcracker, That Is.
Corner Office Instinct 9: Use the World Outside Your Office as Your Muse.
10. Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace and Possibly Your Career.
Corner Office Instinct 10: Find Your Voice and Never Take It for Granted.
11. Working the Room Is Not Just for Politicians.
Corner Office Instinct 11: Be Seen, Be Heard, and Be Approachable.
12. Sometimes Our Have to Face the Firing Squad-Sometimes You Are the Firing Squad.
Corner Office Instinct 12: Always Remain Objective When Evaluating Talent.
13. Oops, and Other Important Words to Lead By.
Corner Office Instinct 13: Have the Confidence to Admit Your Mistakes and to Ask Others for Help.
14. If they Give It, Take It: Take All of It.
Corner Office Instinct 14: Recharging and Reenergizing Is a Requirement.
15. Honey, When Did We have a Third Child?
Corner office Instinct 15: Make Our Personal Life a Priority.