Praise for Career Distinction
"Hands down, this book is the bible on branding for your career!"
Susan Britton Whitcomb, author of Job Search Magic
"As a professional resume writer and career coach, I have extolled the concept of personal branding for my clients for years. Now, for the first time ever, I have an outstanding resource to recommend Career Distinction by William Arruda and Kirsten Dixson. This book details the concept of personal branding in a magnificent and easy–to–digest presentation that is a must–buy for every serious job seeker."
Wendy S. Enelow, CCM, MRW, JCTC, CPRW Executive Director of the Career Masters Institute
"Arruda and Dixson are widely respected in the global career coaching community as gurus who not only teach but live the personal branding model, and their expertise and passion show through on every page of this practical, indispensable book. I highly recommend it to all who want to distinguish themselves from the competition."
L. Michelle Tullier, PhD, Vice President of Right Management and author of The Unofficial Guide to Landing a Job
1. Understand the Future of Work.
2. Adopt the Career Distinction Mindset.
3. Brand Yourself for Career Success.
STEP 1. EXTRACT UNEARTH YOUR UNIQUE PROMISE OF VALUE.
4. Know Yourself to Grow Yourself.
5. Remember, It s What They Think That Counts.
6. Define Your Brand Community.
7. Tell Your Brand Story.
STEP 2. EXPRESS COMMUNICATE YOUR BRAND TO YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE.
8. Create Your Career–Marketing Tools.
9. Express Yourself.
10. Assess Your Online Identity.
11. Build Your Brand in Bits and Bytes.
STEP 3. EXUDE MANAGE YOUR BRAND ENVIRONMENT.
12. Be On–Brand in All That You Do.
13. Get a Visual Identity.
14. Increase Your Career Karma.
Summary: Evolve and Resolve.
About the Authors.