Managing Assertively has helped tens of thousands of businesspeople become more effective managers by sharpening their people skills. Leading management trainer Madelyn Burley–Allen shows you how you, too, can learn to resolve conflicts and defuse interpersonal problems that invariably arise at work. Her step–by–step techniques, clear examples, and competence–building exercises will immediately improve your supervisory skills, sharpen your self–awareness, and make you a more confident, assertive manager. You′ll learn how to:
- Use eight building blocks to become a more effective manager
- Overcome self–defeating behavior
- Handle criticism to maintain and enhance self–esteem
- State limits and expectations to clarify assignments
- Become a more effective listener
- Receive and give positive feedback to enhance team building
- Handle conflict, stress, personal problems, and a wide range of other difficult on–the–job situations
- By following the user–friendly, interactive, self–teaching format, you can work at your own pace as you master management essentials.
Building Blocks to Managing Assertively.
Supervisory Styles: Assertive––Aggressive––Passive.
Unblocking Your Assertiveness to Build Your Self–Esteem.
Constructive Feedback: Criticism.
Giving and Receiving Positive Feedback.
Payoffs for Success.