With the high commissions being charged in today's housing market and the convenience of the Internet as a selling tool, many Americans find it more affordable to sell their own homes. This new edition of the indispensable home seller's how-to guide can save you thousands of dollars in real estate fees and commissions by showing you how to successfully market, negotiate, close, and wrap up the sale of your home-without paying a broker's high fees.
Updated and revised to reflect all the latest trends in real estate, this popular classic takes you through the ABCs of doing it yourself-from making a plan to making a profit when you close. Selling your own home can be tricky; this Fourth Edition provides all the tools and advice you need to save on fees, with:
- Worksheets, checklists, sample contracts, and other helpful documents
- New chapters on seller financing and second mortgages
- The latest tax law changes that affect home sellers
- Tips on how to get a buyer to assume your existing mortgage
- Guidance on using the Internet to sell your home
- Information on using land sale contracts, contracts for deed, wrap-around mortgages, and all-inclusive trust deeds (AITDs)
With its step-by-step guidance and its wealth of helpful tools, How to Sell Your Home Without a Broker will help you find a buyer as quickly-and cheaply-as possible.
SECTION I: PREPARE.
1. Decide on Your Goals.
2. Assemble Property Records.
3. Determine Your Financial Requirements.
4. Select Your Consultants.
SECTION II: MARKET.
6. Prepare Your Property.
8. Show Your Home Successfully.
SECTION III: NEGOTIATE.
9. Prepare for Negotiation.
10. Understand Purchase Contracts.
11. Understand Contract Implications.
12. Understand Other Possible Offers.
13. Handle Counteroffers.
14. Self Financing.
SECTION IV: CLOSE.
15. Understand Closing Basics.
16. Handle Closing Complications.
SECTION V: WRAP UP.
18. Handle Taxes.
SECTION VI: WORKSHEETS AND CONTRACTS.