Dynamics and Vibration: An Introduction is well structured and easy to understand, with a wealth of examples and tutorial questions. It offers lecutres and student of Dynamics and Vibration a practical and concise resource specifically for their needs.
Topics covered include:
- motion of particles and rigid bodies with and without reference to masses and forces (Kinematics and Kinetics) including motion of wheels, gears, linkages and mechanisms;
- balancing of machines including rotating masses and multi–cylinder engines;
- free and forced vibration of a single degree of freedom (mass, a spring and a damper) including damped, damped systems and vibration isolators;
- free and forced vibration of two–degree of freedom systems including vibration of bars and lateral vibration absorbers;
- vibration of continuous systems including lateral vibration of cables, longitudinal vibration of bars and lateral vibration of beams using analytical solution and Finite Element Method.
List of Symbols.
Part I: Dynamics.
1. Kinematics of Particles.
2. Kinematics of Rigid Bodies.
3. Kinetics of Particles.
4. Kinetics of Rigid Bodies.
5. Balancing of Machines.
Part II: Vibration.
6. Free Vibration of Systems with a Single Degree of Freedom.
7. Forced Vibration of Systems with a Single Degree of Freedom.
8. Vibration of Systems with Two Degrees of Freedom.
9. Vibration of Continuous Systems.
10. Finite–Element Methods.
Appendix A. DAMA and Guidelines for Simulations.
Appendix B. Properties of Area.
Appendix C. Equivalent Stiffness for Combinations of Springs.
Appendix D. Summary of Formulas.