Gerry Griffin and Ciaran Parker reveal all the tools and tricks to help you plan your response to a political game...a game being played against you. Polititcs is a tricky business. Don′t be fooled into thinking it′s just your imagination. If you sense a dissipation in your power base or feel that you are being sidelined–you are probably correct. Trust your intuitions but don′t react on your gut emotions.
Games Companies Play gives you the proper framework to plan how you can survive and win during those bruising and emotional political encounters, such as:
- getting your fair share of budget/resource allocation
- dealing with the new whiz–kid on the block
- making sure you come out on top in merging departments
- getting that promotion/pay–rise
- keeping your job during downsizing
- managing a subversive employee/colleague
- managing your boss
- winning the long–term game, even in a short–term environment
A quiet revolution is taking place. If you′re not prepared to ′take it′ anymore, then grab your pitchfork, lantern (if you must), but most importantly your copy of Games Companies Play. It′s all you need for your corporate survival.
SECTION I: THE SCENARIO.
1. We are at War.
2. Playing the Game.
SECTION II: WAR STORIES.
4. Culture Clashes.
5. Carrers and Promotions.
6. The Politics of Space.
SECTION III: SURVIVAL.
7. Case Study: Call–centres Versus Teleworking.
8. A–Z Survival Guide to Game–playing: How to Play Games More Successfully.