The purpose of this comprehensive text is to provide nurses and junior doctors with an understanding of the basics of infection control by explaining the methods employed and their purpose. The book is based on lectures presented by the author at training courses for nurses and doctors and gives simple, understandable and essential information that is vital knowledge for medical staff in hospitals.
2. Infection and its characteristics.
3. The chain of infection and the transmission of an infective agent.
4. Definitions and general c haracteristics of infections in hospitals.
5. Preventative strategies for hospital–acquired infections.
6. Common hospital–acquired infections in developed countries.
7. Infection control and surveillance.